Teen ProgramsPortfolio Development
Age Group: 11-16 Years Old
Class Length: 2 hours
Portfolio Preparation Class (PD Prep) is designed for students 11 years +, who are preparing for Portfolio Development (PD) class, and students who would like to enhance their drawing/ painting skills.
PD Prep program is 1-3 years long, which will help students to build a SOLID foundation in drawing and painting skills.
- Year 1: Drawing Skills Fundamental (Required for ALL PD students)
- Year 2 first half: Advanced Drawing
- Year 2 second half: Painting Skills Fundamental
- Year 3: Advanced Painting
Age Group: 14+ Years Old
Class Length: 2 hours
- Experienced students who are ready to do the most to improve their artistic abilities.
- Students who want to create a cohesive art portfolio that will complement their college applications
- Students who are creating a high level art portfolio for art school application or AP Art Exam for college credit
More about Portfolio Class
- The instructor provides individualized curriculum plan and guidance based on each student’s needs
- Opportunity to participate in high level national and international art competitions
- Ages 13+ and at least 1-2 years of art learning experience
- Teacher assessment
- Additional Benefit Beyond Advanced Class:
- Individual Portfolio Review
- Portfolio Preparation
- High-Quality Digital Photo for Student’s Work (Additional Fees)
In this Portfolio class, we provide the mentorship, materials, creative environment, and support necessary for young students to extend themselves and push outside their comfort zones. At the same time, we understand that every artist needs feedback that is honest and helps them move forward. It’s our goal to help students become confident with their art and create it thoughtfully and independently. Because we will encourage students to develop artwork that can be defined as “original”, many artworks will be eligible to include in student portfolios that are submitted to colleges and art schools.
This class will focus on expanding complex drawing and painting skills, advanced color theory, professional use of multiple media, art historical influences, drawing from still life/live models, and proficiency using art vocabulary.
For the AP Art Exam, the instructors will help students develop a cohesive series of 12+ art pieces within a theme, along with 12+ supplemental exploration pieces outside of that theme. Instructors will also help edit/curate the portfolio, professionally photograph the work for submission, and help develop the artists’ statement to include important artistic vocabulary to showcase the student as deserving of college credit in the arts.
For more information about preparing for the AP Art Exam, please visit our Portfolio Development classes to see our most advanced student achievements, and visit the AP Art Exam website.
Digital Art PD
AGE GROUP: 14+ YEARS OLD
CLASS LENGTH: UNLIMITED
EQUIPMENT (choose one):
1. Computer, Photoshop, Wacom Tablet and Pen
2. IPad, Apple Pencil, Procreate App
Digital Art PD class is designed to assist high school students or students 14 years old and upon developing their portfolio pieces for competitions and college submissions. In order to help students in a more efficient way, Digital Art PD students are allowed to take unlimited classes a week to accompany their busy academic schedule. Each Digital Art PD student will work on their individual projects based on their concentration and interests.